Precious Cargo

Refreshingly Bitter And Twisted Observations On Life's Passing Parade.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Valley Village, California, United States

Friday, August 25, 2006

Why I Never Think About Osama Bin Laden


You can't turn on your TV without being confronted with another documentary or docudrama about Osama Bin Laden or 9/11 these days, especially as we're closing on the fifth anniversary of the 9/11 attack.

Now, me, I don't worry about it one bit. I don't even think about Osama Bin Laden. After all, why should I? George W. Bush, protector of all that is great and good, doesn't worry about him. The president reassured us four years ago that Bin Laden was not a concern, and if Bush said so, well, he must be right. Right?

For Immediate Release
Office of the Press Secretary
March 13, 2002

President Bush Holds Press Conference
Press Conference by the President
The James S. Brady Briefing Room
4:00 P.M. EST

Q: "But don't you believe that the threat that bin Laden posed won't truly be eliminated until he is found either dead or alive?"

THE PRESIDENT: "Well, as I say, we haven't heard much from him. And I wouldn't necessarily say he's at the center of any command structure. And, again, I don't know where he is. I -- I'll repeat what I said. I truly am not that concerned about him. I know he is on the run. I was concerned about him, when he had taken over a country. I was concerned about the fact that he was basically running Afghanistan and calling the shots for the Taliban."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]