Precious Cargo

Refreshingly Bitter And Twisted Observations On Life's Passing Parade.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Valley Village, California, United States

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

A Technocratic Fantasy

One day, one hopes, any trade-off between environmental responsibility and economic growth might be rendered moot by new energy sources that enable us to maintain our economically and technologically advanced society without turning the Arctic into Club Med.

The addict always promises to quit - tomorrow. But tomorrow never comes. Sullivan expresses the fantasy embraced by the majority of Americans. Why cut back, why sacrifice. Dick Cheney was right. Conservation is for crunchy envirowacko hippy dippy wusses. I can continue to enjoy my extravagant lifestyle because science will save me from my unwillingness to discipline myself.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]