Precious Cargo

Refreshingly Bitter And Twisted Observations On Life's Passing Parade.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Valley Village, California, United States

Friday, December 02, 2005

Don't Install Firefox 1.5

I installed Firefox 1.5 and it won't display the background images on my blog and all the other Blogger blogs. In fact, it isn't displaying background images on commercial sites like Salon or Slate, either.

I don't see any obvious functional advantages to F 1.5 and my favorite theme (Modern Pinball) isn't compatible. I will no longer dutifully upgrade software until there is a consensus that it's really beneficial.

This experience has convinced me that incremental upgrades of popular programs are just a marketing ploy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]